A book, while written by one person, is never a solitary venture and an acknowledgements page can never express the depth of my gratitude to the following people, so…many, many thanks:
- To Allen: you believed in me before I ever dreamed of writing a romance
- To my awesome kids: you’ve eaten more than your share of take-out and listened to (and participated in) lots of conversations about weapons and car chases and you still love me! I’m so blessed!
- To Mom and Dad: you inspired me to be a reader and encouraged me to follow my dreams, no matter how crazy they sounded at the time
- To Brenda Minton, amazing friend and critique partner: you encouraged me every step of the way, are always good for a conversation over coffee, and your cowboy heroes make my heart flutter
- To Catherine Mann, writing mentor, reader, and sweet friend: I couldn’t get by without our Diet Coke breaks and multi-tangented conversations
- To Holly La Pat: you keep my dialogue natural and are always there when I need a critique or an encouraging word (read kick-in-the-pants)
- To Melissa Endlich, my editor: you saw possibilities and were willing to take a chance and follow them through with me…I’m so thankful to be working with you!
- To Melissa Jeglinski: wonderful, talented agent who I’m lucky enough to also call friend
- To Brian Stampfl, of CSI Seattle: for technical advice and a very fun blog here.
- To Elise Sax, author of very funny mysteries: you keep me on-task, no easy job, especially when there are oh-so-many distractions…
- To Joe “The Goat” Reeder, firefighter-EMT with Bay County Fire-Rescue: for all the great advice, for “letting” your wife befriend the new pastor’s wife…for the job you do everyday. I’m truly grateful.
- To Milinda Stephenson, for being my friend, writing pal, proof-reader…thanks for everything!
- To my small group (and you know who you are): for your prayers, your love, your compassion, and your unfailing support. I love you gals!
Finally, a big humongous thank you to my readers who make this all worthwhile!